Days ahead of the pious occasion of Akshaya Tritiya & Eid that falls on April 22 this year, Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation (KSCF) along with other like-minded NGOs from across the country are suggesting the following stringent measures to eliminate child marriages:
- To take appropriate legal action in case any child marriage is solemnized
- To conduct mass awareness generation exercises at district, block, village, mohalla or hamlet level to prevent the solemnization of child marriages.
- To encourage people to report the solemnization of any child marriage to Childline (1098), police, Child Marriage Prohibition Officer (CMPO), Sarpanch or Mukhiyas
- To increase the age limit of free education up to 18 years
- Strengthening of Institutions as well as Knowledge and Capacity Building of functionaries.
- The issue of child marriage may also be included in the curriculum of school children in an age-appropriate manner to sensitize them about the ill effects of this social evil