The Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation (called “Foundation” in this document) is a non-profit organization founded by Nobel Peace Laureate Mr. Kailash Satyarthi. We are registered in India as a Trust, and our registered office is at L-6, Kalkaji, New Delhi 110019. Our principal place of business is at L-6 Kalkaji, New Delhi-110019.
The Foundation envisions a world where all children are free, safe, healthy, receive quality education, and have the opportunity to realise their potential. The Mission of the Foundation is to end all forms of violence against children including child trafficking, child labour and slavery. To make the vision of a child-friendly world a reality, the Foundation is scaling up Mr. Satyarthi’s four decades of work at both the grassroots and global level. Various initiatives of Mr. Satyarthi, during his 40 year journey, guide the Foundation’s endeavours towards realisation of its goals. The Foundation works towards greater collaboration between governments, businesses and communities to ensure effective implementation of national and international laws relating to children. It also partners with other key stakeholders in child rights protection and promotion for realisation of a child friendly world.
This website (Satyarthi.org.in) (“Site”) is owned and operated by the Foundation.
Users of this Site that are employees or agents of other entities, please note that references to “you” shall mean and include both: (1) any entity or individual that is your employer or for whom you act as an agent, and (2) the “user” individually unless otherwise stated on the Site or in these Terms.
You can contact us by:
- Post, using the postal address L-6 Kalkaji, New Delhi-110019;
- Using our website contact form;
- Telephone, on 011 – 49211111 (or the contact number published on our website from time to time), or;
- Email, using email@example.com (or the email address published on our website from time to time).
2. AGE RESTRICTION: Persons under 18 years of age are not authorized to use the Site. By visiting this Site, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and may legally agree to these Terms. Foundation assumes no responsibility or liability for any misrepresentation of your age.
3. RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF CONTENT: The Site contains a variety of information, including (without limitation) information, data, text, software, music, sounds, photographs, graphics, videos, messages or other materials, that we upload, post or otherwise provide in connection with the Site (“Foundation Content”). The Foundation Content on this Site cannot be downloaded without the expressed prior consent of the Foundation. In addition, any copyrighted works may not be downloaded or distributed without the express written authorization of the Foundation, including works of others that we are not permitted to distribute. You should assume that everything you see or read on this Site is copyrighted unless otherwise expressly stated and shall not be used, without the prior written permission of the Foundation, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions or in the text on the Site. This Site is controlled by the Foundation from our offices in India noted above. If you choose to access this Site from locations outside India, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. You shall not use or access the Site in violation of Indian and international law, regulations or these Terms.
5. USER GENERATED CONTENT AND SITE ACTIVITIES:
a) User Generated Content: Your Responsibility and License to Others. User Generated Content is content which may be textual and/or audio or visual or in computer data formats or any combination thereof which is provided by the user to the Site or the Foundation (“User Generated Content”) in the course of, or in connection with, Site use such as by uploading a video or information, or submitting comments in a chat room. When you provide User Generated Content, you:
i) Represent and warrant that the Content is: (a) wholly your original work, or (b) that you have all necessary rights, title, interest and licenses to upload it and make it available to the Foundation and other users for download, distribution and use under these Terms without (i) violation (by you, us, Third Parties, users or anyone else) of any applicable license, restriction or law, or (ii) a potentially adverse consequence to us, Third Parties, users or anyone else that you have not conspicuously disclosed in the User Generated Content. As used here, “adverse consequence,” means a restriction governing the User Generated Content which could be triggered if we or others exercise a right under the license you grant below and which imposes an obligation, liability or impairment of rights on us or others that was not conspicuously disclosed by you before exercise of a right. To disclose an adverse action, you agree to conspicuously place on or in the User Generated Content notice that adverse actions can result and that you may be contacted at the email address and telephone number in the notice to obtain your full disclosure of applicable licenses and restrictions applicable to the User Generated Content;
ii) Grant the Foundation, its Third Parties, and each Site user who downloads the User Generated Content under these Terms, a perpetual, nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid up, irrevocable license to (i) use, copy, distribute, modify and create derivative works from the User Generated Content; (ii) publicly perform or display, license and distribute copies of the User Generated Content, modified User Generated Content and derivative works of the User Generated Content; and (iii) sublicense to third parties the foregoing rights, including the right to sublicense to further third parties, as necessary or advisable (as determined by the Foundation or other licensed person in its sole discretion) to allow the Foundation or other licensed person to fulfill its charitable mission, to further its related operations, and to create, advertise, operate and manage the Site. In addition to the rights above, you acknowledge and agree that we may keep the User Generated Content indefinitely and disclose it for any purpose, including but not limited to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce these Terms; (c) respond to claims that any User Generated Content violates the rights of third-parties; or (d) without undertaking a duty to do so, protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the Foundation, its users and the public. You agree not to use the Site for any unlawful purpose or any purpose prohibited under these Terms. You agree not to use the Site in any manner that could damage the Site or cause loss (including, but not limited to reputational loss) to Foundation. You agree and acknowledge not to display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, store, update or share any information through the Site, whatsoever that are or could appear to be:
- Defamatory, obscene, indecent, lewd, lascivious, pornographic, paedophilic, breach of privacy regulations, invasive of another’s privacy, including bodily privacy, insulting or harassing on the basis of gender, defame, intimidating, exploits minors in anyway or assists in human trafficking, libellous, racially or ethnically objectionable, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise inconsistent with or contrary to the laws in force;
- Infringing upon anyone’s intellectual property rights, including but not limited to any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or right of publicity;
- Harmful or derogatory to a child (understood to mean a natural person below the age of 18 years)
- Violates any law for the time being in force;
- Unlawfully gather information about others;
- Perpetrates any fraud;
- Publish or distribute any material that incites violence, hate or discrimination etc;
- Deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of the message or knowingly and intentionally communicates any information which is patently false or misleading in nature but may reasonably be perceived as a fact;
- Impersonates another person;
- Threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign States, or public order, or causes incitement to the commission of any cognisable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting other nation;
- Contain any software viruses or any other harmful computer code, files, or programs, including any designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer resource, software, hardware or telecommunications equipment; and
- Patently false and untrue, and is written or published in any form, with the intent to mislead or harass a person, entity or agency for financial gain or to cause any injury to any person;
- In violation of any applicable license, law or contractual or fiduciary duty or provision (including by exercise of the rights you grant to the Foundation above).
- Providing false or inaccurate information or using the Site for to further fraud or unlawful activity is a ground for immediate termination of these Terms.
b) The Foundation will cooperate with law enforcement authorities and comply with any court order or other proceeding under law requesting or directing Foundation to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials. The Foundation also retains its right to refuse service, monitor, terminate accounts or remove the User Generated Content at its sole discretion.
c) The Foundation anticipates that substantial Content (including Foundation Content and User Generated Content) or even assistance will be made available to you and others through the Site or otherwise. YOU AGREE NOT TO RELY ON FOUNDATION CONTENT AND TO DETERMINE ALL RELEVANT FACTORS ON YOUR OWN, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ACCURACY, FUNCTIONALITY, QUALITY, RELIABILITY AND OTHER RELEVANT FACTORS. THE FOUNDATION DOES NOT ASSUME OR ADMIT ANY LIABILITY FOR USER GENERATED CONTENT ON THE SITE. We reserve the right to monitor and exercise all other rights of ours, and also to modify or remove any Foundation Content or assistance, or User Generated Content at any time, but do not undertake any duty to do so. Any opinions, advice, statements, assistance, services, offers, or information expressed or made available by third parties, including users, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of the Foundation, and for which the Foundation admits no liability.
d) Site Activities: The Site is provided as is and when available, and we reserve the right to change all Foundation Content and User Generated Content, functionality and services in our discretion at any time. We may also do this for particular activities, even if you have already begun to participate. Users will not accrue any vested right in a Foundation through job or grant application merely by their participation in the application process, and the Foundation reserves its right to start, suspend, modify or terminate these processes at any stage in its sole discretion, with or without notice to applicants.
8. YOUR LICENSE TO US: We hope that you will provide your Feedback (as defined below) so that we may better support, improve and pursue our charitable mission. However, you agree that you will not provide Feedback that infringes or violates the rights of others, and you hereby grant a License to the Foundation (as defined below) in your Feedback. You agree that we have no obligation to pay you or anyone else for Feedback or for the License to the Foundation. “Feedback” means all remarks, data, suggestions, methods, surveys, reports, processes and ideas (including patentable ideas) and other Content that you provide by using the Site or provide about it, Content or any aspect of our mission or operations, whether provided to us or persons working with us or the Feedback, and whether provided through the Site or media such as a chat room, survey, report, grant, software tool, bulletin board or otherwise. As used above, “License to the Foundation” means a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to the Foundation to exercise all now or later existing intellectual property rights or other rights of yours or others contained in the Feedback, for purposes of supporting the Foundation’s charitable purposes (as determined by us in our discretion from time to time) in full or in part and in all possible media (now known or later developed). The foregoing rights include (but are not limited to), the right to display, perform, read (on air or otherwise), and publish in public or private sites, newspapers or other media, brochures, reports and so on, all or part of the Feedback and any other information that you provide through or relating to our Site or the Content. The License to the Foundation is in addition to any (if any) license that you may be required to provide under any separate agreement between you and the Foundation (including grants or other agreements).
9. INDEMNIFICATION: You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Foundation and Third Parties, from and against any and all losses, damage, liability and costs of every nature incurred by any of them in connection with any claim, damage or loss related to or arising out of: the User Generated Content you host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, store, update or share on the Site, your use of the Site or related sites, any alleged unauthorized use of the Site, or any breach or alleged breach by you of these Terms. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to control exclusively the defense of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and you will not settle any matter without our express prior written consent.
10. NO WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR OTHER DUTIES: THE SITE AND ALL CONTENT (INCLUDING FOUNDATION CONTENT AND USER GENERATED CONTENT), SITE FUNCTIONALITY, ASSISTANCE AND SERVICES PROVIDED BY/ON THE SITE, THE FOUNDATION OR THIRD PARTIES (collectively, “COMPLETE SITE”) ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND ARE PROVIDED BY US OR THIRD PARTIES “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION, AND WITHOUT THE UNDERTAKING OF ANY DUTY, OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY (IF ANY) WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY DUTY (IF ANY) OF WORKMANLIKE EFFORT OR LACK OF NEGLIGENCE. THE COMPLETE SITE IS PROVIDED WITHOUT ANY ASSURANCE, OR WARRANTY, CONDITION OR DUTY OF; OR REGARDING FUNCTIONALITY, SECURITY, ACCURACY, AVAILABILITY, NEGLIGENCE, INTERRUPTION, VIRUSES OR OF OTHER HARMFUL CODE, COMPONENTS OR TRANSMISSIONS; OR THE NATURE OR CONSEQUENCES OF CONTENT. ALSO, THERE IS NO WARRANTY BY US OR THIRD PARTIES OF TITLE OR AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OR INTERFERENCE WITH ENJOYMENT OF ANY ASPECT OF THE COMPLETE SITE. YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL OBTAIN (INCLUDING THROUGH DOWNLOAD) ANY CONTENT ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING INFRINGEMENT, BREACH OF CONTRACT, CONSEQUENCE OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA. THE FOUNDATION DOES NOT ADMIT OR ASSUME ANY LIABILITY FOR USER GENERATED CONTENT OR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT HARMS THAT ARISE FROM, ARE CONNECTED WITH OR INCIDENTAL TO ANY DOWNLOAD, HOSTING, MODIFICATION, PUBLICATION, TRANSMISSION, STORAGE, UPDATION, SHARING OR OTHER USE OF USER GENERATED CONTENT.
13. LINKED SITES: Our Site may contain links to Web sites belonging to third parties. We provide these links as a convenience, but do not endorse the linked site or anything on it. While their information, products, services and information may be helpful to you, they are independent entities and we do not control or endorse them. You agree that any visits to linked sites are at your own risk and governed by their own independent privacy policies (if any). You are not permitted to link or shortcut to our Site from your Web site, blog or similar application, without obtaining prior written permission from us.
15. GOVERNING LAW AND EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION: These Terms and your use of the Site are governed by the laws of India. You hereby consent to exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Delhi for any dispute arising as a result of, or connected with or incidental to your use of the Site.
16. LEGAL AND OTHER NOTICES OR DISCLOSURES: You agree that we may give all notices we are required to give you by posting notice on the Site or, if we have your email address, by sending notice by email at our discretion, including (without limitation), disclosures that we are required to give you, legal notices, service of summons or other legal process (if any), and all other communications. When we communicate by email, we may use any email address you provide when communicating with us or that we otherwise have in our records, so only supply to us an email address at which you are willing to receive all communications, including “legal” or potentially sensitive communications such as information about a job or grant application. You agree to check for notices posted on the Site. Notice to Us (Our Legal Notices Address): We receive many emails and not all employees are trained to deal with every kind of communication. Accordingly, you agree to send us any Legal Notices by mailing it to the following (“Our Legal Notice Address”): Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation, Registered office at: L-6, Kalkaji, New Delhi 110019, India.
17. TERMINATION OR CANCELLATION; NO CONTINUING RIGHTS: You have no continuing right to use the Site and we may deny or suspend access, or terminate or cancel this agreement with or without cause and at any time and without a prior written notice. Termination or cancellation will not terminate/eliminate any provisions that would be expected to survive termination by their nature, and it shall remain in full force and effect. An unauthorized use by you shall terminate the permission or license granted to you under these Terms and you agree that you shall not bypass any measures used by the Foundation to prevent or restrict access to the Site.
19. ELECTRONIC TRANSACTIONS: We and any Third Parties may communicate with you electronically now and in the future in their respective discretion during the entire course of activities pursued with you, including but not limited to having you electronically sign documents and receive electronic notices, as permitted under law. We and any Third Parties also reserve the right to deal non-electronically and to require you to do so.
20. GRIEVANCE OFFICER
Grievance Officer name: Yogesh Sharma
Grievance Officer email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grievance Officer correspondence address: L-64, Kalkaji, New Delhi 110019
Provided that if the complaint is under Rule 3(2)(b) of the Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules 2021, the complaint should be submitted by email with “Complaint under Rule 3(2)(b) of the Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines and Digital Media Ethics Code) Rules 2021” in the subject line, and the grievance shall be addressed within the time period stipulated by law.